Today I’ll be sharing how I achieved the perfect fishtail braid for the summer! I rocked a fishtail braid during my recent trip to Hawaii and received tons of questions on how to achieve the look. This braid works especially well with wavy or “day two” hair and is a gorgeous twist on the traditional fishtail braid! The amazingly talented Amelia Vandament created the look for me and I thought I’d share with all of you how to create it on your own! I found this amazing guide for you to follow!
Click the link for the full tutorial along with step-by-step images so you can achieve this summer-ready look!
- First you want to grab a small section from the front left side and twist the hair away from your face and back.
- Twist the right side to match, and tie the two pieces together! (Preferably with a clear or thin hair tie)
- Make sure the twists look even from the back and loosen them up a bit for more of a beachy hair texture!
- Next, reach up and under the hair tie to grab the pony to create a topsy.
- Repeat steps 1-4 until you reach the bottom of your scalp.
- Once you reach the end of the hair, fasten with a final hair tie.
- To finish the look, loosen each section working from the top down!